Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Do Things Only Come in Threes?!

This past week has been a challenging one. On Tuesday, I lost my wedding band. The following day I was in a fender-bender. Sunday, I locked the keys in the car. I trust that will be all that comes my way for a little while at least.

I did not think that losing my wedding ring would be that big of a deal. It is only a 60 or 70 dollar ring. It really does mean a tremendous amount to me. I have torn apart the couch. I did have a knife out ready to cut the bottom of the couch to retrieve the lost ring, but pulled a few staples instead. Carla got excited about me finding a little figurine that goes with some sweet street play house. It is NOT her toy; it is the girls toy?! I have yet to find that illusive ring. I have searched high and low for the thing.

Wednesday, my following someone closely during a heavy traffic time for many years took its toll. I did not do much damage to the other vehicle and they are willing to let me pay for the repairs out of my own pockets which are very deep. They called on Saturday to tell me that it would only be $250. A message was cut short on our answering machine from Myron about his repairs. It does not sound like good news. I have not called back, yet.

Sunday morning, I was praying at the beginning of Sunday School and had my hand in my pocket when I realized there was only the set of church keys. I called my wife out of class to see if they were in the car. Yes!!! They were in the ignition. A man at church has AAA and called and got the keys out for free. PTL.

On top of all this, I still have three motorcycles. One will get no attention until I sell another one. The one I have been monkeying with is running worse that when I got the thing. I am not too happy about it right now. Don't tell Carla, but I just emailed a man about a fourth motorcycle. It is only $25. If I can get my hands on this one, I can part it out and then have no problem taking the shotgun to the motorcycle that is not cooperating with me!!! :)

One last thing. Is it me or am I really out number in my home? I am attempting to make Morgan my man-child, but that is not working out as I planned. She is quite emotional at times. The youngest has already learned "the look" from her mother. Sunday morning while I was giving her sustanence, I did something that did not bode well with her and was pierced through with the look. I have seen the look a few times before, but was not sure if it were the look or maybe something else. I had always hoped that it was something else. I was sorely mistaken. She works every angle of being a girl. She cries at the drop of a hat. She can give you that look which causes a father to give pause and reconsider if I really want to chasten this poor little thing.

Three is a good number. Let us all hope that it is sufficient for my little world. Think good and happy thoughts!!! I can not get my post to check my spelling or grammar. You do need to know that Carla had not part in writing this.

1 comment:

Betty 'Rie said...

Let me just encourage you, friend. I actually HAVE a man-child, Jack, and he is just as capable of giving you dirty looks and crying at the drop of a hat as any girlie girl out there. And I don't care what he's done, with his big blue boy eyes it gives me pause every time I have to discipline him. So, enjoy your girls and realize that all children are the same - boy or girl!