Thursday, October 05, 2006

LIFE CHANGES


You can tell that Carla and I do not take pictures with the girls very often. It is usually the girls that get all the action. I am adding a picture that was taken a year ago. I will have to warn you that the outfit Morgan is wearing is not my doing. Grandma Ree is trying to ruin my oldest daughter by putting a wretched cheerleader outfit on her. She will not be allowed to be a cheerleader while she is living at home. If she decides to get in the way of fans attempting to watching a game while at college, that is her prerogative. We do need to get an updated picture.

Oh, we did have one taken a few weeks ago. I was doing my Silly Sid character (a.k.a. Jerry Lewis) for a Sunday School Bus promotion. I kept the families that came to church for the picture entertained while they waited for their pics. After everyone was through, the photographer asked if we wanted ours taken. The picture revealed that my girls, all three, are possessed and I am a recovering drug addicted. Their eyes are glowing orange and I am definitely on some kind of downers or something. It is really bad.

Another reason I attempt to avoid the camera is that I am showing way too much forehead. Yes, I am admitting the fact that I am going bald. Hopefully completely bald by the time that I am forty so I can walk around with a sucker in my mouth all day and noone would even dare say a word about it. What?! Yes, my hair is chasing my back these days. I rarely wear a winter coat anymore. I don't really need one. I do frighten small children at the pool and few men will even pat me on the back when I hit a ball well at softball games.

I am loosing some hearing, but I still hear those softly spoken comments like Big Foot's brother, or Co Co has a relative. My students love me asking several times for an answer to be repeated. Dare they say even the softest of comments to one another and I nip it in the bud.

I am still recovering from a fall while playing flag football for p.e. two weeks ago. The elbow is still quite tender. I don't seem to move quite as quickly as I remember.

Things like food now get me quite excited and a nap is a cherished Sunday treat.

Life is grand. I see the new vigor of my girls and get excited to see what they will become. Hopefully a little bit more like their mother. I am tired. I might have to retire soon!

Good night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving getting "caught up" on your life!!

2Icecubed said...

Carla,
I got into your blog via Danielle from Jill. What a fun way to keep up with you guys. That picture is so cute! Your girls are getting so big! Hope to see you at Christmas. We probably won't be home until then. Our blog is sandmice6.blogspot.com. Bye for now!

Betty 'Rie said...

Hey, Dave! How exciting to find you have a blog! I read Kristi's and saw your post. What a beautiful family. It was great to see your grin again.

Betty Carmen Zwolanek Gray
bettyandjeff.blogspot.com