Wednesday, October 04, 2006

First Entry

All is going well in the Martens' home. We have to very spirited girls. I am learning very quickly that neither of the girls are like their mother. The girls will cry at the drop of a hat and will become emotional very easily when tired. I asked Carla what has happened and she had no answers. I will definitely attempt to work at keeping their crying over "nothing" to a minimum. We are very thankful for our girls. Our oldest is being an example to our youngest, sometimes a good one and other times a not so good one. Madisen is talking like crazy. She is apparently filled with the Spirit, because she speaks in tongues quite often.

I now am a proud owner of a motorcycle or two or three. I have one that works and two that don't. I being the great entrpenuer have decided to buy a couple of bikes and turn around and make money on them. Ha! Ha! I should have listened to my father-in-law. I have enjoyed riding the one bike. The weather this summer has allowed me to put over 2000 miles on the one bike. I have yet to just go riding with my Harley group. :)

Carla has spent the summer buying clothes to look at. She intended to have Morgan's wardrobe taken care for the next year, but Morgan is pushing a size 5 already. She is only supposed to be in a size 3/4. She grew a 1/2 in. from June to September. WOW! She loves to be read to and has learned how to ride a bike that has training wheels. She believes she is going to marry Jackson Schoonover. I am keeping my eye on that boy. We are teaching her that all boys are yucky except daddy and grandpa.

Madisen has learned how to walk down the stairs, sometimes faster than she planned. She is learning to be more adventurous. I now am able to throw her in the air and she loves it. A month or two ago she would get worried when I would throw her up.

I am teaching several classes in school. I teach 6th grade Math, 7th grade Math and Health, 7/8th Science, 9/10 Science, and jr. hi. and sr. hi. p.e. I am busy, but I am enjoying working with young people.

Well, I better sign off. Thank you for reading my first blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the update. We so have got to connect soon! I love you, bro.
Squeeze those precious girls for me.
Kristi

Unknown said...

Hey, do you keep up on my blog?? Check it out if you haven't lately.

http://www.kristiannperdue.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Umm...has Morgan not even noticed Noah? :)