Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas is Near

What fun this Christmas season is. Our daughters are absolutely estatic about the different aspects of Christmas. As soon as Carla put up the tree and lights, our oldest daughter, Morgan, has been asking when she can open the presents. We have a musical Christmas item that the girls love to get going. It plays several songs and has snowmen that dance around. It is fun in spurts. A great early gift this Christmas was that Carla found my ring under the recliner downstairs. We were so glad to not have to spend anymore money on the thing. I am so glad to have MY ring back. We are planning on having Christmas at mom and dad Ree's house as well as our own.

The colds have been going around the house as well. Right now it is my turn. My students are hoping that I become deathly ill or something, so they can have a substitute. If I need a substitute I will try to get the worst one possible so I can come back as a hero. Carla, is the only one that has not gotten sick, yet. Knock on wood.

I had fun changing out the tires yesterday. I was wrenching on the lug nut and it gave way. I hit my head on the side of the car. It did not feel too swell. I did break two ratchets trying to get the nuts off of one side. I think the aluminum rims reacted with the steel. It caused for some sympathy from my daughters at least.

Morgan got into bed with me last night and got very nervous. I asked her what the problem was and she said, "I heard a crab moving around the house." I wonder if it wasn't myself snoring or something.

Morgan has a part in the church program. She and her class will say, "Bells are ringing on the earth, bringing news of Jesus birth. " She will then sing happy birthday to Jesus.

Madisen is talking away. Whenever I come to a stop sign, she hollers out "Go, go go!!! I reply with a resounding "No!" She sure is doing a bit more talking. She is a little sweetheart.

Well, I hope that all of you have a blessed Christmas. We love all of you and will be missing you during this season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea! A post! Finally - hope you all start to feeling better - pass along a hug to Carla for me!!!

Betty 'Rie said...

Yikes! I had stopped looking and here there are TWO posts! Yippeee! Have a very Merry Christmas!

By the way, my sister in law saw Warren the other day. I guess he's doing pretty good--said to tell "Betty Boop" hi for him. Hee Hee! That's Warren!