Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Visit to see Mary Poppins

Today the girls, Grandma and I went to see "Up, Up & Away, The Magic of Mary Poppins" at the downtown Minneapolis Macy's store (formerly Marshall Field's and before that Dayton's). I must admit that I'm still partial to the original Dayton's department store! Anyway, it has become a yearly tradition for us ever since Morgan was born, and both girls thoroughly enjoyed it this year. In fact, I had a hard time getting Madisen to turn around for any pictures (as you can tell from the slide show), because she was so enthralled looking at the different scenes. Afterwards, we met up with Uncle Chris for lunch at Macy's Skyroom restaurant and then back to 8th floor for gingerbread cookies. The best part for me was watching the girls go through the exhibit and seeing their wonder and excitement. We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I miss the Dayton's of old too! Looks like you guys had fun. Your girls are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Agreed about the old Daytons! :( I have good memories of going to the 8th floor for the storybook after the Holidazzle parade. We used to bring rook cards and play as we walked from the 5th floor in line up to the storybook...so fun. I appreciate the Macy's parade..but I'm sad that it has dominated the market...I'm glad they still do the storybook however....I'm jealous that you are still in MN, Carla!!